NorCal Mother Killed 2-Year-Old Daughter Because She Was Crying
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (CBS/AP) — An Oakland mother has pleaded guilty to smothering her 2-year-old daughter because she was crying.
Tiffany Lopez had told police that she accidentally sat on Kamilah Russell during a game of hide-and-seek in their apartment in March 2010.
The 21-year-old woman said the toddler was hiding between couch cushions when she sat down and accidentally suffocated her.
The San Francisco Chronicle said Lopez later told investigators that she had become frustrated with the girl’s crying so she used her hand to smother her.
She pleaded guilty this week to second-degree murder.
Prosecutors say she’s expected to be sentenced to 15 years to life in prison when she’s sentenced in January.