NorCal Mother Killed 2-Year-Old Daughter Because She Was Crying
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
OAKLAND (CBS/AP) — An Oakland mother has pleaded guilty to smothering her 2-year-old daughter because she was crying.
Tiffany Lopez had told police that she accidentally sat on Kamilah Russell during a game of hide-and-seek in their apartment in March 2010.
The 21-year-old woman said the toddler was hiding between couch cushions when she sat down and accidentally suffocated her.
The San Francisco Chronicle said Lopez later told investigators that she had become frustrated with the girl’s crying so she used her hand to smother her.
She pleaded guilty this week to second-degree murder.
Prosecutors say she’s expected to be sentenced to 15 years to life in prison when she’s sentenced in January.