NorCal Mother Killed 2-Year-Old Daughter Because She Was Crying
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
OAKLAND (CBS/AP) — An Oakland mother has pleaded guilty to smothering her 2-year-old daughter because she was crying.
Tiffany Lopez had told police that she accidentally sat on Kamilah Russell during a game of hide-and-seek in their apartment in March 2010.
The 21-year-old woman said the toddler was hiding between couch cushions when she sat down and accidentally suffocated her.
The San Francisco Chronicle said Lopez later told investigators that she had become frustrated with the girl’s crying so she used her hand to smother her.
She pleaded guilty this week to second-degree murder.
Prosecutors say she’s expected to be sentenced to 15 years to life in prison when she’s sentenced in January.