Vote And Vaccinate At The Same Time
CBS Sacramento (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSSacramento.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSSacramento.com/Health
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13)- On November 6th, voters in Sacramento can stay healthy and receive free flu shots all in the same place.
Sacramento County Departments of Health and Human Services, other local organizations and, volunteers from the Red Cross are all teaming up to provide free flu shot services to people who want to be vaccinated while they vote.
“We think this is the perfect time to get a flu shot, especially for susceptible populations like the elderly who just happen to be one of the highest propensity voting groups,” said Phil Serna, Sacramento County Supervisor for District 1 said. He went on to say, “To make it as convenient as possible for residents to receive flu vaccinations and to protect our community from this potentially devastating virus, we are bringing the flu shots to where folks will be that day.”
They will be located at three locations in Sacramento:
- Fruitridge Christian Church
4445 Fruitridge Road
Sacramento, Ca 95814
Time: 9:30am- Noon
- Sam Pannell Community
2450 Meadowview Road
Sacramento, Ca 95832
Time: 9am- 8pm(or as long as supplies last)
- Department of Voter Registration and Election
7000 65th Parkway
Sacramento, Ca 95823
Time: Noon to 5pm
Other organizations involved include: Department of Voter Registration and Elections, California North State College of Pharmacy, Medical Reserve Corps and, the CSUS School of Nursing.