Sacramento Apartment Shooting Leaves 1 Dead, 1 Hospitalized
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sheriff’s deputies have arrested a suspect in connection with a shooting that left one man dead and another injured at an Arden Arcade apartment complex.
Around 1:30 a.m. Saturday, deputies responded to shots fired at The Pointe apartments in the 1600 block of Bell Street.
They found two men with gunshot wounds to their upper bodies. Rickey Howard, 33, was pronounced dead at the scene. Another victim, an unidentified 18-year-old male, was transported to a local hospital and is expected to survive.
Detectives conducted interviews and an investigation that lead to the arrest of 30-year-old Donnell DeShawn Stean shortly after 3 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators believe Stean was involved in a physical altercation with the two men, who are acquaintances, which led to the shooting.
Stean was booked into the Sacramento County Jail on charges of murder and assault with a deadly weapon. He is not eligible for bail.
There are no other suspects at this time, but the investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information pertinent to this crime is asked to contact the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department’s Homicide Bureau at (916) 874-5115.