Sacramento Apartment Shooting Leaves 1 Dead, 1 Hospitalized
Don't Miss This
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Ancient Swamp Creature Named After Mick Jagger (KYMX)
- Woman Convicted In Torching Of Ex-Boyfriend’s Bed
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sheriff’s deputies have arrested a suspect in connection with a shooting that left one man dead and another injured at an Arden Arcade apartment complex.
Around 1:30 a.m. Saturday, deputies responded to shots fired at The Pointe apartments in the 1600 block of Bell Street.
They found two men with gunshot wounds to their upper bodies. Rickey Howard, 33, was pronounced dead at the scene. Another victim, an unidentified 18-year-old male, was transported to a local hospital and is expected to survive.
Detectives conducted interviews and an investigation that lead to the arrest of 30-year-old Donnell DeShawn Stean shortly after 3 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators believe Stean was involved in a physical altercation with the two men, who are acquaintances, which led to the shooting.
Stean was booked into the Sacramento County Jail on charges of murder and assault with a deadly weapon. He is not eligible for bail.
There are no other suspects at this time, but the investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information pertinent to this crime is asked to contact the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department’s Homicide Bureau at (916) 874-5115.