16 Escape Sacramento Apartment Fire Including Newborn; 1 Critically Hurt
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A 4-day-old baby and 18 others escaped an overnight fire at a Sacramento apartment complex that left at least one person critically hurt, according to officials.
Firefighters arrived at the apartment building on Castle Hill Court near Fulton Avenue to find flames shooting from the roof of the building.
The fire got into the attic space of the building and was able to quickly spread.
“I called my mom and then knocked on the door and said ‘Let’s go! Come on let’s go!’ and then I grabbed by baby,” said Karen Reyes-Broder, who escaped the blaze with her newborn baby boy.
Two people were hurt in the fire and one of them is in critical condition.
American Red Cross is helping the families who have been displaced.
Arson investigators did come out to the fire but have said the cause is still undetermined.