Steep Drop In Temperatures Coming Along With Rain, Snow
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – After temperatures in the 80s to start the week, Wednesday will be another warm day in the mid-70s around Sacramento, but temperatures will drop significantly starting Thursday.
Highs will drop 20-30 degrees Thursday and Friday, reaching only into the low 60s and mid-50s. Thursday’s highs will be 58-62 degrees in the Sacramento area. Friday’s highs are expected to be 53-58. Overnight lows will drop into the low 40s or even high 30s by Saturday.
For comparison, the normal high in Sacramento for this team of year is 68. The high reached 81 in Sacramento on Monday and Tuesday.
Light rain showers will develop in the valley beginning Thursday morning, with a better chance during the afternoon and evening.
There’s a 50 percent chance of rain Friday morning, with the possibility of afternoon thunderstorms.
We could see snowflakes mixed with the rain down as low as 2,000 feet in the foothills (Placerville on Highway 50, Weimar on Interstate 80) late Thursday into Friday morning as the coldest air settles in. About 10 inches of snow are expected in the higher elevations.
Rain and snow totals will be pretty light with this storm.