1 Dead, Teenager Hurt In Overnight Shooting In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Police are investigating a shooting that left a man in his 20s dead and a teenager injured.
Officers were called to the 2100 block of 65th Avenue around 7:44 Wednesday night for a report of shots fired. They arrived to find evidence of a shooting but no victims or suspects. On Thursday, the department said it arrested a male juvenile suspect but didn’t release any other details.
While investigating, police were notified that a man in his 20s had been taken to an area hospital with multiple gunshot wounds. He died at the hospital.
A little while later, police got another call from the hospital saying a second shooting victim, a teenager, had been admitted with non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
The Sacramento Police Department is asking anyone with information about the shooting to contact Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.