Coroner’s Office Identifies Suspected Burglar Fatally Shot By Fair Oaks Resident
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – The man shot and killed by a Fair Oaks homeowner during a suspected burglary attempt has been identified by the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office.
David Anthony Williams, 27, of Fair Oaks was shot by Jerry Rasmussen, 60, after Rasmussen encountered him inside his home in the 6900 block of Laurel Oak Way early Wednesday morning, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The coroner’s office listed the time of death for Williams at 3:07 a.m.
Another man also entered the home and was shot by Rasmussen before running away, but he was identified as a suspect after going to a local hospital, the sheriff’s department said.
Rasmussen was arrested for being a felon in possession of a handgun and ammunition. He has not been charged with murder in the death of Williams.
Rasmussen is being held in the Sacramento County Jail on $25,000 bail. He’s scheduled to make his first court appearance at 1:30 p.m. Friday.