Coroner’s Office Identifies Suspected Burglar Fatally Shot By Fair Oaks Resident
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – The man shot and killed by a Fair Oaks homeowner during a suspected burglary attempt has been identified by the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office.
David Anthony Williams, 27, of Fair Oaks was shot by Jerry Rasmussen, 60, after Rasmussen encountered him inside his home in the 6900 block of Laurel Oak Way early Wednesday morning, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The coroner’s office listed the time of death for Williams at 3:07 a.m.
Another man also entered the home and was shot by Rasmussen before running away, but he was identified as a suspect after going to a local hospital, the sheriff’s department said.
Rasmussen was arrested for being a felon in possession of a handgun and ammunition. He has not been charged with murder in the death of Williams.
Rasmussen is being held in the Sacramento County Jail on $25,000 bail. He’s scheduled to make his first court appearance at 1:30 p.m. Friday.