Coroner’s Office Identifies Suspected Burglar Fatally Shot By Fair Oaks Resident
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – The man shot and killed by a Fair Oaks homeowner during a suspected burglary attempt has been identified by the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office.
David Anthony Williams, 27, of Fair Oaks was shot by Jerry Rasmussen, 60, after Rasmussen encountered him inside his home in the 6900 block of Laurel Oak Way early Wednesday morning, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The coroner’s office listed the time of death for Williams at 3:07 a.m.
Another man also entered the home and was shot by Rasmussen before running away, but he was identified as a suspect after going to a local hospital, the sheriff’s department said.
Rasmussen was arrested for being a felon in possession of a handgun and ammunition. He has not been charged with murder in the death of Williams.
Rasmussen is being held in the Sacramento County Jail on $25,000 bail. He’s scheduled to make his first court appearance at 1:30 p.m. Friday.