UPDATED: Arrest Made In Shooting Outside Sacramento Nightclub
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento police have arrested 35-year-old Elpidio Tellez in connection with a shooting at a nightclub that left one man dead Wednesday night.
The shooting happened around 8:41 p.m. outside the Monte Carlo on 15th and S streets.
Police say an officer happened to be driving in the area when he heard gunshots and arrived at the scene. A witness described a suspicious car that had just been seen leaving.
The officer immediately went in search of the car, which he found abandoned a few blocks away. Witnesses at that scene reported seeing the driver run away on foot.
While the original officer searched for the suspect, additional officers attempted to help the shooting victim identified as a man in his 30s. However, the victim died at the scene.
Sacramento police immediately began a search using a K9 and helicopter.
Tellez was picked up on an outstanding warrant just outside of Wednesday night’s search perimeter by an outside agency.
The name of the victim has not been released.