UPDATED: Arrest Made In Shooting Outside Sacramento Nightclub
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento police have arrested 35-year-old Elpidio Tellez in connection with a shooting at a nightclub that left one man dead Wednesday night.
The shooting happened around 8:41 p.m. outside the Monte Carlo on 15th and S streets.
Police say an officer happened to be driving in the area when he heard gunshots and arrived at the scene. A witness described a suspicious car that had just been seen leaving.
The officer immediately went in search of the car, which he found abandoned a few blocks away. Witnesses at that scene reported seeing the driver run away on foot.
While the original officer searched for the suspect, additional officers attempted to help the shooting victim identified as a man in his 30s. However, the victim died at the scene.
Sacramento police immediately began a search using a K9 and helicopter.
Tellez was picked up on an outstanding warrant just outside of Wednesday night’s search perimeter by an outside agency.
The name of the victim has not been released.