Boreal To Reopen On Saturday After New Snow
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
DONNER SUMMIT (CBS13) – The cold air moving in across Donner Summit has Boreal Mountain Resort resuming snow-making operations and the resort will open again for skiers and snowboarders on Saturday.
The cold air mass dropped 8 inches of natural snow on Friday.
Boreal opened for operation October 26 and stayed open for six days but then suspended operations because of the warmer weather.
Boreal said it will open Saturday at 3:30 p.m. to allow for additional snow-making and stay open until 9 p.m.. It will then be open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. starting on Sunday.
The rain started falling in the Sacramento area Thursday afternoon. It should taper off by Saturday, but highs over the weekend will only reach the mid-50s and lows are expected down into the high 30s. A chance of showers returns Monday night into Tuesday.
For more information regarding Boreal operations, hours, lifts and rates go to www.rideboreal.com