Bera Increases Lead Of Lungren In Congressional Race
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – In one of the closest political races of the election, Dr. Ami Bera has extended his lead over incumbent Dan Lungren to occupy California’s 7th Congressional seat.
The Sacramento County registrar’s office announced Tuesday that Bera (D-Elk Grove) increased his lead against Lungren (R-Gold River) in House race to 3,824 votes. Bera is now ahead by more than 1.5 percent.
Bera now has 119,726 votes (50.81 percent) and Lungren has 115,902 (49.19). The registrar’s office has 31 days after the Nov. 6 election to finish processing ballots.
Bera has never served in public house. He narrowly lost in a bid to unseat Lungren in 2010.