Bera Increases Lead Of Lungren In Congressional Race
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – In one of the closest political races of the election, Dr. Ami Bera has extended his lead over incumbent Dan Lungren to occupy California’s 7th Congressional seat.
The Sacramento County registrar’s office announced Tuesday that Bera (D-Elk Grove) increased his lead against Lungren (R-Gold River) in House race to 3,824 votes. Bera is now ahead by more than 1.5 percent.
Bera now has 119,726 votes (50.81 percent) and Lungren has 115,902 (49.19). The registrar’s office has 31 days after the Nov. 6 election to finish processing ballots.
Bera has never served in public house. He narrowly lost in a bid to unseat Lungren in 2010.