Bera Increases Lead Of Lungren In Congressional Race
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – In one of the closest political races of the election, Dr. Ami Bera has extended his lead over incumbent Dan Lungren to occupy California’s 7th Congressional seat.
The Sacramento County registrar’s office announced Tuesday that Bera (D-Elk Grove) increased his lead against Lungren (R-Gold River) in House race to 3,824 votes. Bera is now ahead by more than 1.5 percent.
Bera now has 119,726 votes (50.81 percent) and Lungren has 115,902 (49.19). The registrar’s office has 31 days after the Nov. 6 election to finish processing ballots.
Bera has never served in public house. He narrowly lost in a bid to unseat Lungren in 2010.