Bera Increases Lead Of Lungren In Congressional Race
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – In one of the closest political races of the election, Dr. Ami Bera has extended his lead over incumbent Dan Lungren to occupy California’s 7th Congressional seat.
The Sacramento County registrar’s office announced Tuesday that Bera (D-Elk Grove) increased his lead against Lungren (R-Gold River) in House race to 3,824 votes. Bera is now ahead by more than 1.5 percent.
Bera now has 119,726 votes (50.81 percent) and Lungren has 115,902 (49.19). The registrar’s office has 31 days after the Nov. 6 election to finish processing ballots.
Bera has never served in public house. He narrowly lost in a bid to unseat Lungren in 2010.