Bera Increases Lead Of Lungren In Congressional Race
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – In one of the closest political races of the election, Dr. Ami Bera has extended his lead over incumbent Dan Lungren to occupy California’s 7th Congressional seat.
The Sacramento County registrar’s office announced Tuesday that Bera (D-Elk Grove) increased his lead against Lungren (R-Gold River) in House race to 3,824 votes. Bera is now ahead by more than 1.5 percent.
Bera now has 119,726 votes (50.81 percent) and Lungren has 115,902 (49.19). The registrar’s office has 31 days after the Nov. 6 election to finish processing ballots.
Bera has never served in public house. He narrowly lost in a bid to unseat Lungren in 2010.