Woman Killed After Being Struck By Light Rail Train In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A woman was killed after being struck by a Regional Transit Light Rail train in midtown Sacramento Friday morning.
The accident happened just after 5 a.m. at 19th and P streets.
Sacramento Fire units reported one person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. The woman died at the scene.
The woman was reportedly pushing a man in a wheelchair across the tracks when the wheelchair got stuck. The man somehow fell clear of the tracks but the woman was hit.
CBS13′s Kristin Marshall was at the scene and said a mangled wheelchair and a walker were near the tracks.
The train was coming from Meadowview and going to 13th Street. Regional Transit set up a bus bridge to transport passengers around the accident scene.