Woman Killed After Being Struck By Light Rail Train In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A woman was killed after being struck by a Regional Transit Light Rail train in midtown Sacramento Friday morning.
The accident happened just after 5 a.m. at 19th and P streets.
Sacramento Fire units reported one person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. The woman died at the scene.
The woman was reportedly pushing a man in a wheelchair across the tracks when the wheelchair got stuck. The man somehow fell clear of the tracks but the woman was hit.
CBS13’s Kristin Marshall was at the scene and said a mangled wheelchair and a walker were near the tracks.
The train was coming from Meadowview and going to 13th Street. Regional Transit set up a bus bridge to transport passengers around the accident scene.