Woman Killed After Being Struck By Light Rail Train In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A woman was killed after being struck by a Regional Transit Light Rail train in midtown Sacramento Friday morning.
The accident happened just after 5 a.m. at 19th and P streets.
Sacramento Fire units reported one person was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. The woman died at the scene.
The woman was reportedly pushing a man in a wheelchair across the tracks when the wheelchair got stuck. The man somehow fell clear of the tracks but the woman was hit.
CBS13’s Kristin Marshall was at the scene and said a mangled wheelchair and a walker were near the tracks.
The train was coming from Meadowview and going to 13th Street. Regional Transit set up a bus bridge to transport passengers around the accident scene.