Oakland Airport Passenger Arrested After Watch Creates Bomb Scare
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (CBS SF) – A Southern California man was arrested Thursday evening at Oakland International Airport after airport security found him wearing a watch that looked like a timing device for an explosive, according to an Alameda County sheriff’s spokesman.
The man was wearing a watch on his wrist that had a toggle switch and wires and fuses protruding from it that looked suspicious to Transportation Security Administration officers when he put it through a checkpoint at Terminal 2 around 7:45 p.m., Alameda County sheriff’s Sgt. J.D. Nelson said.
A bomb squad was called to the checkpoint and determined there was no explosive device connected to the watch.
The man was arrested and remained in custody at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin Friday, Nelson said. His name was not released.
The checkpoint was closed while authorities secured the area, according to TSA officials.
(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)