11 Injured, 3 Hospitalized In Light Rail Collision With Big Rig
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Eleven people were injured and three hospitalized after light rail and a big rig collided.
The collision occurred near 12th and B Streets around 5:50 p.m. Saturday, while the train was outbound on the blue line.
Regional Transit spokesperson Alane Masui says the big rig may have run a red light or made an illegal turn, resulting in the collision.
The trailer of the truck went through the windshield of the train.
Firefighters at the scene say three people had to be taken to the hospital.
The truck was hauling almonds to Blue Diamond.