11 Injured, 3 Hospitalized In Light Rail Collision With Big Rig
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Eleven people were injured and three hospitalized after light rail and a big rig collided.
The collision occurred near 12th and B Streets around 5:50 p.m. Saturday, while the train was outbound on the blue line.
Regional Transit spokesperson Alane Masui says the big rig may have run a red light or made an illegal turn, resulting in the collision.
The trailer of the truck went through the windshield of the train.
Firefighters at the scene say three people had to be taken to the hospital.
The truck was hauling almonds to Blue Diamond.