11 Injured, 3 Hospitalized In Light Rail Collision With Big Rig
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Eleven people were injured and three hospitalized after light rail and a big rig collided.
The collision occurred near 12th and B Streets around 5:50 p.m. Saturday, while the train was outbound on the blue line.
Regional Transit spokesperson Alane Masui says the big rig may have run a red light or made an illegal turn, resulting in the collision.
The trailer of the truck went through the windshield of the train.
Firefighters at the scene say three people had to be taken to the hospital.
The truck was hauling almonds to Blue Diamond.