Vallejo 14-Teen-Year Accused Of Kidnapping, Rape Charged As Adult
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — A 14-year-old Vallejo boy is facing charges that he kidnapped a 65-year-old woman at gunpoint from a shopping center parking lot and raped and beat her before leaving her unconscious and duct-taped in a ditch.
Kaviar King was scheduled to be arraigned on Monday. King has been charged as an adult with attempted murder, sexual assault and kidnapping for ransom in the Nov. 15 attack.
Authorities say he abducted the woman at dusk and forced her to drive several miles away, where he sexually assaulted and beat her before leaving her in the ditch.
As police were investigating, they say the woman’s family received a call demanding money for her return. King was arrested after allegedly returning to the scene of the abduction hours later.
Police have described the attack as random. It was not immediately clear whether King had an attorney.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.