Vallejo 14-Teen-Year Accused Of Kidnapping, Rape Charged As Adult
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — A 14-year-old Vallejo boy is facing charges that he kidnapped a 65-year-old woman at gunpoint from a shopping center parking lot and raped and beat her before leaving her unconscious and duct-taped in a ditch.
Kaviar King was scheduled to be arraigned on Monday. King has been charged as an adult with attempted murder, sexual assault and kidnapping for ransom in the Nov. 15 attack.
Authorities say he abducted the woman at dusk and forced her to drive several miles away, where he sexually assaulted and beat her before leaving her in the ditch.
As police were investigating, they say the woman’s family received a call demanding money for her return. King was arrested after allegedly returning to the scene of the abduction hours later.
Police have described the attack as random. It was not immediately clear whether King had an attorney.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.