Vallejo 14-Teen-Year Accused Of Kidnapping, Rape Charged As Adult
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — A 14-year-old Vallejo boy is facing charges that he kidnapped a 65-year-old woman at gunpoint from a shopping center parking lot and raped and beat her before leaving her unconscious and duct-taped in a ditch.
Kaviar King was scheduled to be arraigned on Monday. King has been charged as an adult with attempted murder, sexual assault and kidnapping for ransom in the Nov. 15 attack.
Authorities say he abducted the woman at dusk and forced her to drive several miles away, where he sexually assaulted and beat her before leaving her in the ditch.
As police were investigating, they say the woman’s family received a call demanding money for her return. King was arrested after allegedly returning to the scene of the abduction hours later.
Police have described the attack as random. It was not immediately clear whether King had an attorney.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.