Apartment Fire In Citrus Heights Displaces Several Renters
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Several families are looking for new homes after a fire broke out at an apartment unit in Citrus Heights Wednesday night.
The fire started at around 10:30 Wednesday night in an apartment unit in the 7700 block of Greenback Lane, according to Sac Metro Fire Dept. A witness reported looking into the apartment window and seeing flames.
When fire crews arrived, they found the unit “well involved in fire.” Firefighters were able to keep the fire to that unit; however, five other units had smoke and water damage, and renters living in all six units have been displaced.
The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
Fire officials urge remind residents to have working fire alarms. They say two thirds of all home fire deaths occur in homes without working fire alarms.