Apartment Fire In Citrus Heights Displaces Several Renters
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Several families are looking for new homes after a fire broke out at an apartment unit in Citrus Heights Wednesday night.
The fire started at around 10:30 Wednesday night in an apartment unit in the 7700 block of Greenback Lane, according to Sac Metro Fire Dept. A witness reported looking into the apartment window and seeing flames.
When fire crews arrived, they found the unit “well involved in fire.” Firefighters were able to keep the fire to that unit; however, five other units had smoke and water damage, and renters living in all six units have been displaced.
The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
Fire officials urge remind residents to have working fire alarms. They say two thirds of all home fire deaths occur in homes without working fire alarms.