Apartment Fire In Citrus Heights Displaces Several Renters
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Several families are looking for new homes after a fire broke out at an apartment unit in Citrus Heights Wednesday night.
The fire started at around 10:30 Wednesday night in an apartment unit in the 7700 block of Greenback Lane, according to Sac Metro Fire Dept. A witness reported looking into the apartment window and seeing flames.
When fire crews arrived, they found the unit “well involved in fire.” Firefighters were able to keep the fire to that unit; however, five other units had smoke and water damage, and renters living in all six units have been displaced.
The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
Fire officials urge remind residents to have working fire alarms. They say two thirds of all home fire deaths occur in homes without working fire alarms.