Pilot Dead After Plane Crashes Near Calaveras County Airport
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
CALAVERAS COUNTY (CBS13) – A pilot has died after his single-engine plane crashed under unknown circumstances near Highway 49.
Cal Fire spokesman Daniel Berlant confirmed that the wreckage was discovered south of the Calaveras County Airport around 3:45 p.m. Friday in Altaville.
According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the plane, a homebuilt Coot A-Amphibian, was inbound to the airport when the crash occurred.
The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board will be investigating the crash.
Authorities say, the pilot was the only one aboard the plane, but has not been identified at this time.
Stay tuned to CBS13 News and CBSSacramento.com for more on this developing story.