UPDATED: Victims Identified In Highway 50 Quadruple Fatality
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CAMINO (CBS13) – Four people died and several others were hurt after a collision on Highway 50 in El Dorado County.
Parts of the road were closed after investigators say a family from Pollock Pines driving in a Toyota Sienna minivan and a family from Oakland driving in a Toyota Prius slammed into each other just after 6 p.m. Saturday on Highway 50 and Five Mile Road in Camino, east of Placerville.
California Highway Patrol said the Prius was traveling westbound when it crossed over into the eastbound lanes and collided with the minivan.
In the Sienna, 4-year-old Nora Elizabeth Temple died. Driver Danielle Marie Temple, 35, and her 1-year-old twins were treated and released from Marshall Hospital. Passenger Will John Temple, 52, is in fair condition at Sutter Roseville Trauma Center.
In the Prius, 10-year-old Elly Aili Su was the sole survivor. Her father, Sheng Kun Su, 38, mother Shu Zhen Zhao, 39, and 8-year-old brother, Shawn Su, were killed in the accident.
This is a difficult investigation because police say there were no witnesses.
“It was an unwitnessed accident. We don’t have anybody who actually saw it happen,” said Sgt. Jim Byers, El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department.