Modesto Teen Dies After Being Shot At Party
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
RIVERBANK (CBS13) – A celebration turned violent as a birthday party erupted in gunfire outside of Modesto near the town of Riverbank.
His neighbor, who wished to remain anonymous, says he was the one to call 911 after a shooting on the 4700 block of Terminal Avenue.
“We check from the window, and we see everybody running,” the neighbor said.
Stanislaus County deputies found 18-year-old Damien King suffering from gunshot wounds. He would die at a hospital.
The neighbor says the family at the home was having a birthday party Saturday night, a party that got very big, very quickly.
Another neighbor, who rents a mobile home on the same property as the shooting, says he saw the victim collapse in the front of the yard. All he could tell CBS13 was that he knew there was a fight that ended in gunfire.
Deputies say they are now searching for a motive, taking on the task of interviewing dozens of witnesses. They are also looking into a nearby car crash that happened just after the shooting.
They have not said if they’ve been able to link the two.