UPDATE: Arrests Announced In Black Friday Brawl At Roseville Galleria
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Fists flew during a Black Friday fight at the Roseville Galleria as three men trade blows, knocking down a display.
Roseville Police on Monday announced the arrests of four people in connection with the fight, which police say was gang-related.
Police arrested two young adults and two juveniles early Saturday morning on suspicion of vandalism, conspiracy and gang charges. They were:
- Roberto Ivan Volz, 21, of Citrus Heights, in custody in the Placer County Jail on $60,000 bail.
- Sandy Orellana, 18, of Citrus Heights, in custody in the Placer County Jail on $50,000 bail.
- A 16-year-old male from Citrus Heights
- A 17-year-old male from Turlock
A Roseville resident called police about 5 a.m. Friday to report his car had been vandalized extensively. Police deteremined he had been involved in the fight and members of the opposing group later went to his house and trashed his car.
The fight happened in the middle of the mall, as families watched in horror.
The sea of chaos was the last thing Lawrence Corpus thought he’d see while Black Friday shopping with his family at the Westfield Galleria.
“It could have easily become a riot,” said Corpus.
But when fists started flying, Corpus pulled out his iPhone and began recording.
“I know a guy took the top of a trash can and actually threw it at (one of the other men),” witness Chase said.
That’s what witnesses say happened right before the violent brawl. The lid almost hit some shoppers.
“It was like a flying saucer; it just flew by,” said Corpus.
The next thing they knew, two women started getting into it, and then it turned into an all out brawl, with two men against one.
Shoppers nearby started to scatter.
“Guys started punching each other and then they ran over the barrier of the jump thing, and the guy started getting his face stomped in. It was pretty crazy,” said Chase.
“Definitely can’t imagine going through what the man in the black hoodie was going through,” said Corpus.
Meanwhile, his video of the fight has already been viewed well over 15,000 times on YouTube.
“You could feel the intensity of the fight as it happened. So it was something I felt like I had to document,” said Corpus.