Vallejo Teen Being Charged As Adult In Kidnapping, Rape Case
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (AP) — A 14-year-old Vallejo boy is facing charges that he kidnapped a 65-year-old woman at gunpoint from a shopping center parking lot and raped and beat her before leaving her unconscious and duct-taped in a ditch.
Kaviar King was scheduled to be arraigned on Monday. King has been charged as an adult with attempted murder, sexual assault and kidnapping for ransom in the Nov. 15 attack.
Authorities say he abducted the woman at dusk and forced her to drive several miles away, where he sexually assaulted and beat her before leaving her in the ditch.
As police were investigating, they say the woman’s family received a call demanding money for her return. King was arrested after returning to the scene of the abduction hours later.
Police have described the attack as random. It was not immediately clear whether King had an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)