UPDATE: Suspect Arrested In Rancho Cordova Homicide
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – Deputies have arrested a suspect in the death of man whose body was found outside a Rancho Cordova animal hospital Monday night.
Firefighters were responding to a call about a stabbing at about 8 p.m. when they were waved down in front of Cordova Pet Clinic in the 2800 block of La Loma Drive.
They found a 55-year-old man with extensive upper body trauma. Tywan Johnson, 28, was booked into jail Tuesday afternoon on a charge of murder and is being held without bail.
Investigators say it’s unclear if the man was killed in front of the animal clinic or nearby and collapsed there.
Johnson and victim apparently knew each other, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos, and the two argued over money.
In a strange twist, the suspect involved in the initial stabbing call was detained at the pet clinic, but investigators say the two incidents are unrelated.