UPDATE: Suspect Arrested In Rancho Cordova Homicide
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – Deputies have arrested a suspect in the death of man whose body was found outside a Rancho Cordova animal hospital Monday night.
Firefighters were responding to a call about a stabbing at about 8 p.m. when they were waved down in front of Cordova Pet Clinic in the 2800 block of La Loma Drive.
They found a 55-year-old man with extensive upper body trauma. Tywan Johnson, 28, was booked into jail Tuesday afternoon on a charge of murder and is being held without bail.
Investigators say it’s unclear if the man was killed in front of the animal clinic or nearby and collapsed there.
Johnson and victim apparently knew each other, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos, and the two argued over money.
In a strange twist, the suspect involved in the initial stabbing call was detained at the pet clinic, but investigators say the two incidents are unrelated.