UPDATE: Suspect Arrested In Rancho Cordova Homicide
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – Deputies have arrested a suspect in the death of man whose body was found outside a Rancho Cordova animal hospital Monday night.
Firefighters were responding to a call about a stabbing at about 8 p.m. when they were waved down in front of Cordova Pet Clinic in the 2800 block of La Loma Drive.
They found a 55-year-old man with extensive upper body trauma. Tywan Johnson, 28, was booked into jail Tuesday afternoon on a charge of murder and is being held without bail.
Investigators say it’s unclear if the man was killed in front of the animal clinic or nearby and collapsed there.
Johnson and victim apparently knew each other, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos, and the two argued over money.
In a strange twist, the suspect involved in the initial stabbing call was detained at the pet clinic, but investigators say the two incidents are unrelated.