Comedian Katt Williams Accused Of Leading Officers On Chase In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Comedian Katt Williams in being investigated after he allegedly led Capitol Protection CHP officers on a chase in downtown Sacramento on Sunday.
He may be a comedian, but officers aren’t laughing after they say Williams almost hit five pedestrians on K Street.
Williams was only supposed to be in town Friday for a one-night show. But now the comedian could end up spending time behind bars in a Sacramento jail cell.
Sacramento police were first called to the Hyatt hotel Sunday afternoon for a complaint that Williams was disturbing the peace. Police decided not to file charges.
But Williams’ busy Sunday afternoon didn’t end there. A CHP officer spotted Williams riding a three-wheeled motorcycle on the L Street sidewalk.
The officer tried to pull him over, but Williams turned down a section of K Street closed to traffic and just missed hitting five people.
The CHP says that at 10th and L streets, Williams stopped his bike, took off his helmet, turned around and yelled, “I’m not going to stop.”
Finally, after Williams reportedly rode the wrong way on Capitol Street with speeds reaching up to 35 mph, CHP called off the pursuit for safety reasons.
Now, the CHP is finishing its investigation and the district attorney’s office could file charges of felony evasion.
CBS13 reached out to Williams’ representation, but so far we’ve heard nothing back.