UPDATE: Fourth Person Dies After Eating Poisonous Mushrooms At Loomis Elder Care Facility
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LOOMIS (CBS13) – A fourth person has died after eating poisonous mushrooms used in a soup at an assisted living home in Placer County earlier this month.
The Placer County Sheriff’s Office identified the woman as Dorothy Mary Hart, 92. She died in an Auburn nursing home on Thanksgiving Day. She had been transferred there from a Sacramento area hospital.
Three people had already died after eating soup made with wild mushrooms at the Gold Age Villa Elder Care Facility on Horseshoe Bar Road in Loomis on Nov. 8.
The three previous victims have been identified as 90-year-old Frank Warren Blodgett, 86-year-old Barbara Lopes and 73-year-old Teresa Olesniewicz.
The Gold Age Villa Elder Care Facility is licensed to hold up to six residents.
The incident is still under investigation by the Department of Social Services, the agency that licenses senior care facilities. There is no criminal case pending in Placer County, the sheriff’s office said.