Man Killed By Light Rail Train In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Stockton Police Employee Hit While Crossing Street Dies
- Davis Children Offer Grinch Free Cookies In Return For Stolen Christmas Lights
- Women Chased On Interstate 80 By Driver Posing As Sheriff’s Deputy In Alleged Road Rage Incident
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
SACRAMENTO (CBS13)- A was hit and killed by a light rail train in north Sacramento on Tuesday afternoon.
The man was hit on the tracks at the Globe station during the afternoon commute at about 4 p.m. The train stopped at Del Paso and Arden after learning that the man was struck.
Regional Transit is still investigating why the man was on the tracks, but witnesses reported that the man appeared extremely drunk and was walking between cars 1 and 2 of the train when struck, according to an RT spokeswoman.
Northbound Del Paso Boulevard between Highway 160 to Barstow/Baxter was shut down because of the accident.
Service on the light rail Blue Line between the Alkali Flat/La Valentina station and the Marconi station was also shut down and shuttle buses were being used to transport passengers.
Service on the Blue Line was restored at about 9 p.m.