Man Killed By Light Rail Train In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13)- A was hit and killed by a light rail train in north Sacramento on Tuesday afternoon.
The man was hit on the tracks at the Globe station during the afternoon commute at about 4 p.m. The train stopped at Del Paso and Arden after learning that the man was struck.
Regional Transit is still investigating why the man was on the tracks, but witnesses reported that the man appeared extremely drunk and was walking between cars 1 and 2 of the train when struck, according to an RT spokeswoman.
Northbound Del Paso Boulevard between Highway 160 to Barstow/Baxter was shut down because of the accident.
Service on the light rail Blue Line between the Alkali Flat/La Valentina station and the Marconi station was also shut down and shuttle buses were being used to transport passengers.
Service on the Blue Line was restored at about 9 p.m.