Man Killed By Light Rail Train In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13)- A was hit and killed by a light rail train in north Sacramento on Tuesday afternoon.
The man was hit on the tracks at the Globe station during the afternoon commute at about 4 p.m. The train stopped at Del Paso and Arden after learning that the man was struck.
Regional Transit is still investigating why the man was on the tracks, but witnesses reported that the man appeared extremely drunk and was walking between cars 1 and 2 of the train when struck, according to an RT spokeswoman.
Northbound Del Paso Boulevard between Highway 160 to Barstow/Baxter was shut down because of the accident.
Service on the light rail Blue Line between the Alkali Flat/La Valentina station and the Marconi station was also shut down and shuttle buses were being used to transport passengers.
Service on the Blue Line was restored at about 9 p.m.