Man Killed By Light Rail Train In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13)- A was hit and killed by a light rail train in north Sacramento on Tuesday afternoon.
The man was hit on the tracks at the Globe station during the afternoon commute at about 4 p.m. The train stopped at Del Paso and Arden after learning that the man was struck.
Regional Transit is still investigating why the man was on the tracks, but witnesses reported that the man appeared extremely drunk and was walking between cars 1 and 2 of the train when struck, according to an RT spokeswoman.
Northbound Del Paso Boulevard between Highway 160 to Barstow/Baxter was shut down because of the accident.
Service on the light rail Blue Line between the Alkali Flat/La Valentina station and the Marconi station was also shut down and shuttle buses were being used to transport passengers.
Service on the Blue Line was restored at about 9 p.m.