Truckee Sex Offender Jailed; Home Too Near Daycare
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — A 20-year-old sex offender in Truckee has been arrested after police say he lied about the location of his residence.
Truckee police say Gustavo Ramirez moved into the town in October 2012 and registered as a local sex offender as required by law. But detectives say that during a routine check on Nov. 21, they verified he’d been deceitful about his true residence and its proximity to a local day care facility.
Ramirez was arrested on Monday on suspicion of violating his parole and failing to register. He’s been booked into the Nevada County Sheriff’s sub-station jail in Truckee.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.