Truckee Sex Offender Jailed; Home Too Near Daycare
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — A 20-year-old sex offender in Truckee has been arrested after police say he lied about the location of his residence.
Truckee police say Gustavo Ramirez moved into the town in October 2012 and registered as a local sex offender as required by law. But detectives say that during a routine check on Nov. 21, they verified he’d been deceitful about his true residence and its proximity to a local day care facility.
Ramirez was arrested on Monday on suspicion of violating his parole and failing to register. He’s been booked into the Nevada County Sheriff’s sub-station jail in Truckee.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.