Truckee Sex Offender Jailed; Home Too Near Daycare
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — A 20-year-old sex offender in Truckee has been arrested after police say he lied about the location of his residence.
Truckee police say Gustavo Ramirez moved into the town in October 2012 and registered as a local sex offender as required by law. But detectives say that during a routine check on Nov. 21, they verified he’d been deceitful about his true residence and its proximity to a local day care facility.
Ramirez was arrested on Monday on suspicion of violating his parole and failing to register. He’s been booked into the Nevada County Sheriff’s sub-station jail in Truckee.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.