13 Families Displaced After Carmichael Apartment Fire
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – Thirteen families have no place to call home after a fire swept though an apartment complex in Carmichael on Hackberry Lane.
Firefighters had to break windows to help evacuate several residents. Many of the apartments have water and smoke damage. Sixteen units in all were affected by the flames, three of them were vacant.
“I’m going to figure out what I’m going to do for the night, figure out with the apartment complex and the owners are going to do tomorrow about the whole situation, and I’m going to keep moving forward,” said Fred Jones, one of the residents affected by the fire.
The Red Cross is assisting the 31 people displaced with a night’s lodging, food, and comfort kits.
Investigators say the fire started from a resident cooking in one of the units.