13 Families Displaced After Carmichael Apartment Fire
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – Thirteen families have no place to call home after a fire swept though an apartment complex in Carmichael on Hackberry Lane.
Firefighters had to break windows to help evacuate several residents. Many of the apartments have water and smoke damage. Sixteen units in all were affected by the flames, three of them were vacant.
“I’m going to figure out what I’m going to do for the night, figure out with the apartment complex and the owners are going to do tomorrow about the whole situation, and I’m going to keep moving forward,” said Fred Jones, one of the residents affected by the fire.
The Red Cross is assisting the 31 people displaced with a night’s lodging, food, and comfort kits.
Investigators say the fire started from a resident cooking in one of the units.