Man Charged For Killing Baby Boy In Ohio Arrested In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An alleged baby killer was caught Sunday in Sacramento after fleeing arrest in Ohio.
On Nov. 28, 44-year-old Wayne Walker, was babysitting his girlfriend’s 10-month-old boy, Kyle Calton, while she was at work. Walker later called 911 to report the baby’s death, but fled the scene before authorities arrived.
At Children’s Nationwide Hospital, Calton was determined to have suffered trauma consistent with shaken baby syndrome and was determined to be brain dead. He died on Nov. 29 after being taken off life support.
Walker, who also goes by the alias Wolf, was charged with first-degree murder.
The U.S. Marshals Service Southern Ohio Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team gathered information that, after Walker fled Ohio to Kentucky, he was traveling on a Greyhound bus heading to California.
Walker was arrested Sunday by the U.S. Marshals after his bus arrived at the Richards Boulevard Greyhound bus station. He was arrested and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail where he awaits extradition to Ohio.