Man Charged For Killing Baby Boy In Ohio Arrested In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An alleged baby killer was caught Sunday in Sacramento after fleeing arrest in Ohio.
On Nov. 28, 44-year-old Wayne Walker, was babysitting his girlfriend’s 10-month-old boy, Kyle Calton, while she was at work. Walker later called 911 to report the baby’s death, but fled the scene before authorities arrived.
At Children’s Nationwide Hospital, Calton was determined to have suffered trauma consistent with shaken baby syndrome and was determined to be brain dead. He died on Nov. 29 after being taken off life support.
Walker, who also goes by the alias Wolf, was charged with first-degree murder.
The U.S. Marshals Service Southern Ohio Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team gathered information that, after Walker fled Ohio to Kentucky, he was traveling on a Greyhound bus heading to California.
Walker was arrested Sunday by the U.S. Marshals after his bus arrived at the Richards Boulevard Greyhound bus station. He was arrested and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail where he awaits extradition to Ohio.