FPPC Fines Mayor Johnson $37,500 For Failing To Report Donations On Time
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson has been fined $37,500 for failing to properly report more than $3.5 million in donations he solicited for non-profits over the past four years.
The California Fair Political Practice Commission announced the fine Monday. Johnson has agreed to pay it, citing an administration lapse in not reporting the donations in the required 30-day window.
“While I appreciate acknowledgment in the FPPC report that this error was an unintentional administrative lapse related to efforts to raise resources for charities and civic causes, I take full responsibility,” the mayor said in a statement. “At my direction, my administration has improved training and tracking procedures to ensure we are fully compliant moving forward.”
The full FPPC board has to approve the fine, which it’s scheduled to do next week in its meeting in San Diego.
The donations were made to the city’s arena task force and Johnson’s education initiatives.