Man Leaving For Work Accidentally Slams Truck Into Own Home
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man leaving for work early Tuesday morning accidentally smashed into his own home when he lost control of his truck and it crashed through the garage wall and into the kitchen.
The accident happened around 6:00 a.m. at a home in the 8100 block of Valley Green Drive.
A woman and several children were inside when the man says his truck just lurched forward. The woman inside said she heard breaking glass and came out of the bedroom to see her husband coming out of the truck covered in drywall dust.
“I woke up to glass crashing,” said Marina Brambila, the wife of the driver. “Glass smashing crashing – huge noise. I thought my husband’s truck went through the garage door. It went through the kitchen door.”
No one was hurt in the accident.
I saw my cousin shaking off Sheetrock off his head, and he was not in his senses, in a way,” said Brambila. “And I kept talking to him and he crawled in the truck, and the truck is inside of our living room.”
County inspectors are at the home to see if it is still structurally sound. The family, which just moved into the home 3 months ago, may have to find another place to live until repairs can be made to the home.