Man Leaving For Work Accidentally Slams Truck Into Own Home
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man leaving for work early Tuesday morning accidentally smashed into his own home when he lost control of his truck and it crashed through the garage wall and into the kitchen.
The accident happened around 6:00 a.m. at a home in the 8100 block of Valley Green Drive.
A woman and several children were inside when the man says his truck just lurched forward. The woman inside said she heard breaking glass and came out of the bedroom to see her husband coming out of the truck covered in drywall dust.
“I woke up to glass crashing,” said Marina Brambila, the wife of the driver. “Glass smashing crashing – huge noise. I thought my husband’s truck went through the garage door. It went through the kitchen door.”
No one was hurt in the accident.
I saw my cousin shaking off Sheetrock off his head, and he was not in his senses, in a way,” said Brambila. “And I kept talking to him and he crawled in the truck, and the truck is inside of our living room.”
County inspectors are at the home to see if it is still structurally sound. The family, which just moved into the home 3 months ago, may have to find another place to live until repairs can be made to the home.