CHP Says Sexual Predators Exposing Themselves To Women On Valley Freeways
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – The California Highway Patrol says sexual predators are exposing themselves in the middle of stopped traffic with nowhere for their female victims to go.
The latest incident happened near Highway 4 in Stockton. One man has been charged but another is still on the loose
Boxed in by stopped traffic, an 8-year-old girl and her mother were forced to see a man exposing himself.
“(He) began touching himself while making gestures to the woman,” CHP Officer James Smith said.
Smith said the man pulled alongside the pair, preventing the mother from driving away.
The ordeal continued until traffic on Interstate 205 near Tracy died down and the mother was able to get away.
That’s when the man reportedly followed her as she exited at Tracy Boulevard.
The woman behind the wheel was able to provide officers with the man’s license plate number
“We want to keep those individuals off the streets,” Smith said.
Officers tracked down the suspect, 36-year-old Fernando Sandoval Uribe, and he was charged with indecent exposure.
A day after the mother-daughter incident, another woman called for help, this time describing a different suspect. A white man driving a Ford Mustang was exposing himself. He hasn’t been arrested
Typically these are not isolated incidents. Investigators encourage additional victims to come forward.