CHP Says Sexual Predators Exposing Themselves To Women On Valley Freeways
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – The California Highway Patrol says sexual predators are exposing themselves in the middle of stopped traffic with nowhere for their female victims to go.
The latest incident happened near Highway 4 in Stockton. One man has been charged but another is still on the loose
Boxed in by stopped traffic, an 8-year-old girl and her mother were forced to see a man exposing himself.
“(He) began touching himself while making gestures to the woman,” CHP Officer James Smith said.
Smith said the man pulled alongside the pair, preventing the mother from driving away.
The ordeal continued until traffic on Interstate 205 near Tracy died down and the mother was able to get away.
That’s when the man reportedly followed her as she exited at Tracy Boulevard.
The woman behind the wheel was able to provide officers with the man’s license plate number
“We want to keep those individuals off the streets,” Smith said.
Officers tracked down the suspect, 36-year-old Fernando Sandoval Uribe, and he was charged with indecent exposure.
A day after the mother-daughter incident, another woman called for help, this time describing a different suspect. A white man driving a Ford Mustang was exposing himself. He hasn’t been arrested
Typically these are not isolated incidents. Investigators encourage additional victims to come forward.