Suspect Arrested In Red Hawk Casino Stabbing Death
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13)- The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has arrested the suspect in a stabbing murder that occurred at Red Hawk Casino last month.
Deputies arrested Estephen Juarez, 33, at a home on Cothrin Ranch Road in El Dorado County late Monday night.
Juarez is suspected of stabbing 19-year-old Gene Mcarn to death during an argument at the casino’s parking garage on Nov. 21.
Deputies received information that Juarez was at the home Monday night and they established surveillance, confirmed Juarez was inside, then surrounded the home and convinced him to surrender, according to Sgt. Phil Chovanec.
An aggressive dog was fatally shot after it escaped from the home and attacked a sheriff’s K-9, Chovanec said.
Juarez was booked into the county jail in Placerville on $1 million bail.