Suspect Arrested In Red Hawk Casino Stabbing Death
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13)- The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has arrested the suspect in a stabbing murder that occurred at Red Hawk Casino last month.
Deputies arrested Estephen Juarez, 33, at a home on Cothrin Ranch Road in El Dorado County late Monday night.
Juarez is suspected of stabbing 19-year-old Gene Mcarn to death during an argument at the casino’s parking garage on Nov. 21.
Deputies received information that Juarez was at the home Monday night and they established surveillance, confirmed Juarez was inside, then surrounded the home and convinced him to surrender, according to Sgt. Phil Chovanec.
An aggressive dog was fatally shot after it escaped from the home and attacked a sheriff’s K-9, Chovanec said.
Juarez was booked into the county jail in Placerville on $1 million bail.