Thieves Break Into Placer High Through Bell Tower, Steal Equipment
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – Thieves broke into Placer High School through its bell tower and stole electronic equipment sometime overnight, according to the school’s principal.
Two laptops and three projectors were stolen. Principal Peter Efstathiu said the equipment was worth about $5,000.
Auburn police were investigating the incident but no arrests had been made and the school does not have a surveillance system on campus.
Efstathiu said a hatch in the bell tower is being repaired so that the tower can’t be accessed anymore. He said he was surprised no one was hurt climbing through the tower.