Thieves Break Into Placer High Through Bell Tower, Steal Equipment
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
AUBURN (CBS13) – Thieves broke into Placer High School through its bell tower and stole electronic equipment sometime overnight, according to the school’s principal.
Two laptops and three projectors were stolen. Principal Peter Efstathiu said the equipment was worth about $5,000.
Auburn police were investigating the incident but no arrests had been made and the school does not have a surveillance system on campus.
Efstathiu said a hatch in the bell tower is being repaired so that the tower can’t be accessed anymore. He said he was surprised no one was hurt climbing through the tower.