Thieves Break Into Placer High Through Bell Tower, Steal Equipment
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – Thieves broke into Placer High School through its bell tower and stole electronic equipment sometime overnight, according to the school’s principal.
Two laptops and three projectors were stolen. Principal Peter Efstathiu said the equipment was worth about $5,000.
Auburn police were investigating the incident but no arrests had been made and the school does not have a surveillance system on campus.
Efstathiu said a hatch in the bell tower is being repaired so that the tower can’t be accessed anymore. He said he was surprised no one was hurt climbing through the tower.