Thieves Break Into Placer High Through Bell Tower, Steal Equipment
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – Thieves broke into Placer High School through its bell tower and stole electronic equipment sometime overnight, according to the school’s principal.
Two laptops and three projectors were stolen. Principal Peter Efstathiu said the equipment was worth about $5,000.
Auburn police were investigating the incident but no arrests had been made and the school does not have a surveillance system on campus.
Efstathiu said a hatch in the bell tower is being repaired so that the tower can’t be accessed anymore. He said he was surprised no one was hurt climbing through the tower.