Thieves Break Into Placer High Through Bell Tower, Steal Equipment
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – Thieves broke into Placer High School through its bell tower and stole electronic equipment sometime overnight, according to the school’s principal.
Two laptops and three projectors were stolen. Principal Peter Efstathiu said the equipment was worth about $5,000.
Auburn police were investigating the incident but no arrests had been made and the school does not have a surveillance system on campus.
Efstathiu said a hatch in the bell tower is being repaired so that the tower can’t be accessed anymore. He said he was surprised no one was hurt climbing through the tower.