3 Arrested For Robbing Bay Area Bridge Toll Takers
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (AP) — The California Highway Patrol says three Vallejo men have been arrested on suspicion of robbing toll takers at the Carquinez Bridge.
CHP officials said Thursday the three suspects are accused of targeting toll takers at the bridge between Crockett and Vallejo three times between late 2011 and May 2012. Investigators used surveillance video and stolen car reports to identify them.
The suspects — 43-year-old Robert Larry White, 30-year-old Christopher Lee Miller and 47-year-old David Joseph Morales — were booked at Solano County Jail on suspicion of robbery.
CHP officials say the toll takers were robbed of between $5,000 and $6,000 by a masked passenger, sometimes flashing a gun from the back seat of a car. The CHP is investigating the involvement of as many as seven more people.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)