Sacramento County DA’s Office Issues Arrest Warrant For Katt Williams
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office has issued a felony arrest warrant for comedian Micah “Katt” Williams over an incident in downtown Sacramento last month.
Williams was reportedly seen driving his three-wheel motorcycle on city sidewalks near the Capitol on Nov. 25. He was pursued by CHP officers, but they called off the chase because of safety concerns. The DA’s office is charging him with evading a police officer while driving in a reckless manner, a felony. The arrest warrant was filed Tuesday.
Williams reportedly shouted at officers at one point that he wasn’t going to stop.
The incident followed a report that Williams created a disturbance at the Hyatt hotel earlier that afteroon. Sacramento Police responded to that call but elected not to arrest the 41-year-old Woodland Hills resident.
Williams has also been charged with battery for an incident that same weekend at a Woodland target store when he hit a 19-year-old employee of the store over an argument about the employee’s motorcycle helmet.
Williams was arrested in Seattle last weekend and he was also arrested in Oakland last month.
He told a Seattle TV station after his release from jail there that he was retiring from stand-up comedy.