UPDATE: Comedian Katt Williams Arrested In Yolo County After Surrendering To Deputy
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Comedian Micah “Katt” Williams was arrested Friday around 9:45 p.m. in Yolo County after being pulled over by deputies.
A Yolo County sheriff’s deputy arrested the comedian at a Dunnigan Chevron gas station off County Road 89 after Williams walked up to a deputy and said, “I hear you guys are looking for me.” He was taken into custody, without incident, because of a warrant out for his arrest in Sacramento County.
He gave the deputy his address in Woodland Hills, which is near Los Angeles. Williams is due in court on January 7 at 1:30 p.m.
The Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office issued a felony arrest warrant Tuesday for Williams after he was reportedly seen driving his three-wheel motorcycle on city sidewalks near the Capitol on Nov. 25. CHP pursued the comedian but called off the chase due to safety concerns.
Williams was also charged with battery for an incident that same weekend, prior to the alleged chase, after he hit a 19-year-old Woodland Target employee over an argument about the employee’s motorcycle helmet.
Last weekend, Williams was arrested in Seattle. After his release from jail, he announced his retirement from stand-up comedy.
He has a court date in Seattle on December 12.
The comedian was also arrested in Oakland last month.
Williams did post bond.