UPDATE: Comedian Katt Williams Arrested In Yolo County After Surrendering To Deputy
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Comedian Micah “Katt” Williams was arrested Friday around 9:45 p.m. in Yolo County after being pulled over by deputies.
A Yolo County sheriff’s deputy arrested the comedian at a Dunnigan Chevron gas station off County Road 89 after Williams walked up to a deputy and said, “I hear you guys are looking for me.” He was taken into custody, without incident, because of a warrant out for his arrest in Sacramento County.
He gave the deputy his address in Woodland Hills, which is near Los Angeles. Williams is due in court on January 7 at 1:30 p.m.
The Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office issued a felony arrest warrant Tuesday for Williams after he was reportedly seen driving his three-wheel motorcycle on city sidewalks near the Capitol on Nov. 25. CHP pursued the comedian but called off the chase due to safety concerns.
Williams was also charged with battery for an incident that same weekend, prior to the alleged chase, after he hit a 19-year-old Woodland Target employee over an argument about the employee’s motorcycle helmet.
Last weekend, Williams was arrested in Seattle. After his release from jail, he announced his retirement from stand-up comedy.
He has a court date in Seattle on December 12.
The comedian was also arrested in Oakland last month.
Williams did post bond.