Cal State Student Shot By Police Identified
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities have identified the graduate student shot and killed by California State University, San Bernardino police during a fight in an off-campus dorm.
San Bernardino police Sgt. Shauna Gates says the campus officers went to the University Village dorm Saturday evening after receiving reports of a disturbance.
She says a fight erupted when the officers confronted 38-year-old Bartholomew Williams in the dorm’s hallway. Gates says the officers fired their weapons when they feared for their safety.
Williams was declared dead at the scene.
One officer was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
The San Bernardino Police department is investigating the circumstances that led to the shooting.
The incident occurred hours after the university celebrated December graduation.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)