UPDATE: Greenback Closed For Hours After Hit-And-Run; Driver Arrested
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Westbound Greenback Lane in Citrus Heights was closed for several hours Monday as police investigated a hit-and-run crash that resulted in the arrest of a Shasta County man.
The crash involving a motorcycle and van at Greenback Lane and Birdcage was reported at 12:23 p.m. Monday. The road was reopened shortly after 4 p.m.
The motorcyclist, identified as Nicholas Solano, 23, of North Highlands, was transported to Mercy San Juan with what is described as serious injuries.
The van was found abandoned a few blocks away. The driver, identified as Adam McGue, 30, of Shasta Lake fled the scene but was later arrested by Citrus Heights police and charged with hit-and-run driving causing injury.
Police say the van swerved into the westbound lane to avoid a vehicle traveling east and hit the motorcycle.