UPDATE: Greenback Closed For Hours After Hit-And-Run; Driver Arrested
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Westbound Greenback Lane in Citrus Heights was closed for several hours Monday as police investigated a hit-and-run crash that resulted in the arrest of a Shasta County man.
The crash involving a motorcycle and van at Greenback Lane and Birdcage was reported at 12:23 p.m. Monday. The road was reopened shortly after 4 p.m.
The motorcyclist, identified as Nicholas Solano, 23, of North Highlands, was transported to Mercy San Juan with what is described as serious injuries.
The van was found abandoned a few blocks away. The driver, identified as Adam McGue, 30, of Shasta Lake fled the scene but was later arrested by Citrus Heights police and charged with hit-and-run driving causing injury.
Police say the van swerved into the westbound lane to avoid a vehicle traveling east and hit the motorcycle.