UPDATE: Man’s Body Found In Modesto Canal
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a man’s body found in a shallow canal in Modesto Tuesday morning.
A passerby spotted the body in the canal near Chicago and Vernon avenues around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim has been identified as Vernon France, 47. The cause of death is still under investigation by detectives. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
Deputies said France’s body appeared to have been in the canal for some time. Dive team members pulled the body out.