UPDATE: Man’s Body Found In Modesto Canal
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a man’s body found in a shallow canal in Modesto Tuesday morning.
A passerby spotted the body in the canal near Chicago and Vernon avenues around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim has been identified as Vernon France, 47. The cause of death is still under investigation by detectives. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
Deputies said France’s body appeared to have been in the canal for some time. Dive team members pulled the body out.