UPDATE: Man’s Body Found In Modesto Canal
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
MODESTO (CBS13) – The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a man’s body found in a shallow canal in Modesto Tuesday morning.
A passerby spotted the body in the canal near Chicago and Vernon avenues around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim has been identified as Vernon France, 47. The cause of death is still under investigation by detectives. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
Deputies said France’s body appeared to have been in the canal for some time. Dive team members pulled the body out.