UPDATE: Man’s Body Found In Modesto Canal
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
MODESTO (CBS13) – The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a man’s body found in a shallow canal in Modesto Tuesday morning.
A passerby spotted the body in the canal near Chicago and Vernon avenues around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim has been identified as Vernon France, 47. The cause of death is still under investigation by detectives. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
Deputies said France’s body appeared to have been in the canal for some time. Dive team members pulled the body out.