Neighbors Alert Family To Burning South Sacramento Home

SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A south Sacramento family escaped their burning home thanks to an alert neighbor early Tuesday morning.

Firefighters say the home on Prairie Circle did not have a smoke detector to wake the family.

Luckily, a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the chimney and roof of the home and pounded on the door to wake the family.

Crews believe a smoldering fire in the fireplace is to blame.

No one was hurt.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Sacramento

Get Our App
Get The CBS Sacramento Weather AppGet the latest radar, CBS13 AppCasts and hour-by-hour forecasts. You can also send your weather pics.

Listen Live