New Sacramento Bus Service Offers $1 Fares To San Francisco, Sparks
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A new bus service debuted in Sacramento on Wednesday with a $1 promotional fare to San Francisco and Sparks, Nevada.
Megabus.com bills itself as the first low-cost, express bus service to offer city-to-city travel for as low as $1 via the Internet.
Its Sacramento station is at 1020 Front Street in Old Sacramento near the Sacramento Railroad Museum. It drops passengers off at 4th Street in San Francisco.
The double-decker buses offer free wi-fi, at-seat plug-ins, panoramic windows and a green alternative way to travel, megabus.com said.
Its Sacramento service features direct trips to San Francisco and Sparks, just east of Reno. The bus service also serves Oakland, San Jose, Los Angeles and Riverside in California.
The promotional $1 fare to San Francisco runs until Dec. 19.