New Sacramento Bus Service Offers $1 Fares To San Francisco, Sparks
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A new bus service debuted in Sacramento on Wednesday with a $1 promotional fare to San Francisco and Sparks, Nevada.
Megabus.com bills itself as the first low-cost, express bus service to offer city-to-city travel for as low as $1 via the Internet.
Its Sacramento station is at 1020 Front Street in Old Sacramento near the Sacramento Railroad Museum. It drops passengers off at 4th Street in San Francisco.
The double-decker buses offer free wi-fi, at-seat plug-ins, panoramic windows and a green alternative way to travel, megabus.com said.
Its Sacramento service features direct trips to San Francisco and Sparks, just east of Reno. The bus service also serves Oakland, San Jose, Los Angeles and Riverside in California.
The promotional $1 fare to San Francisco runs until Dec. 19.