New Sacramento Bus Service Offers $1 Fares To San Francisco, Sparks
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A new bus service debuted in Sacramento on Wednesday with a $1 promotional fare to San Francisco and Sparks, Nevada.
Megabus.com bills itself as the first low-cost, express bus service to offer city-to-city travel for as low as $1 via the Internet.
Its Sacramento station is at 1020 Front Street in Old Sacramento near the Sacramento Railroad Museum. It drops passengers off at 4th Street in San Francisco.
The double-decker buses offer free wi-fi, at-seat plug-ins, panoramic windows and a green alternative way to travel, megabus.com said.
Its Sacramento service features direct trips to San Francisco and Sparks, just east of Reno. The bus service also serves Oakland, San Jose, Los Angeles and Riverside in California.
The promotional $1 fare to San Francisco runs until Dec. 19.