Sacramento Jack In The Box Reopens 3 Days After Hostage Standoff
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Jack in the Box fast-food restaurant where a hostage situation took place on Sunday reopened for business Wednesday.
The restaurant at 8349 Folsom Boulevard was the scene of a horrific encounter Sunday afternoon when Xang Khang entered with a gun and threatened to shoot the people inside.
Most everyone was able to flee out the back of the restauarant but two female employees were held inside for several hours. One eventually escaped but the other employee was still inside when police snipers fatally shot Khang.
An owner of the restaurant told CBS13 on Wednesday that employees would not be available for interviews, saying he wanted to protect his staff. He said they all need to find a new normal now.