3-Month-Old Jamestown Baby Dies; Father Under Investigation
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
JAMESTOWN (CBS13) – The Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that a 3-month-old infant has died and her father could face enhanced charges related to her death.
Kevin Michael Boehmer, 26, of Jamestown was arrested on child abuse charges Sunday at Sonora Regional Medical Center, where he’d taken the baby because she was having difficulty breathing.
Hospital staff noticed bruises and injuries on the child’s neck and chest and reported them to the sheriff’s office.
The girl was airlifted to Oakland Children’s Hospital, where she died about 10:15 p.m. Tuesday.
An autopsy has been scheduled and the Tuolumne County district attorney is considering amending charges against Boehmer.