3-Month-Old Jamestown Baby Dies; Father Under Investigation
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
JAMESTOWN (CBS13) – The Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that a 3-month-old infant has died and her father could face enhanced charges related to her death.
Kevin Michael Boehmer, 26, of Jamestown was arrested on child abuse charges Sunday at Sonora Regional Medical Center, where he’d taken the baby because she was having difficulty breathing.
Hospital staff noticed bruises and injuries on the child’s neck and chest and reported them to the sheriff’s office.
The girl was airlifted to Oakland Children’s Hospital, where she died about 10:15 p.m. Tuesday.
An autopsy has been scheduled and the Tuolumne County district attorney is considering amending charges against Boehmer.