UPDATE: Man Killed By El Dorado County Sheriff’s Deputies Identified
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
POLLOCK PINES (CBS13) – El Dorado County Sheriff’s deputies shot and killed a man late Wednesday night in Pollock Pines.
The shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. after deputies got a call saying a man was inside a home in the 2900 block of Kimberly Lane threatening suicide with a gun.
Before deputies arrived, the man left the home. The armed suspect was later found standing in the middle of the 6000 block of Pony Express Trail. At some point shots were fired and the suspect was killed.
No deputies were injured.
The man has been identified as 38-year-old Christopher Michael Sheldon of Pollock Pines.
The shooting is being investigated by sheriff’s coroner investigators and a team working under the El Dorado County Officer Involved Critical Incident Protocol.