UPDATE: Man Killed By El Dorado County Sheriff’s Deputies Identified
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
POLLOCK PINES (CBS13) – El Dorado County Sheriff’s deputies shot and killed a man late Wednesday night in Pollock Pines.
The shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. after deputies got a call saying a man was inside a home in the 2900 block of Kimberly Lane threatening suicide with a gun.
Before deputies arrived, the man left the home. The armed suspect was later found standing in the middle of the 6000 block of Pony Express Trail. At some point shots were fired and the suspect was killed.
No deputies were injured.
The man has been identified as 38-year-old Christopher Michael Sheldon of Pollock Pines.
The shooting is being investigated by sheriff’s coroner investigators and a team working under the El Dorado County Officer Involved Critical Incident Protocol.