UPDATE: Man Killed By El Dorado County Sheriff’s Deputies Identified
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
POLLOCK PINES (CBS13) – El Dorado County Sheriff’s deputies shot and killed a man late Wednesday night in Pollock Pines.
The shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. after deputies got a call saying a man was inside a home in the 2900 block of Kimberly Lane threatening suicide with a gun.
Before deputies arrived, the man left the home. The armed suspect was later found standing in the middle of the 6000 block of Pony Express Trail. At some point shots were fired and the suspect was killed.
No deputies were injured.
The man has been identified as 38-year-old Christopher Michael Sheldon of Pollock Pines.
The shooting is being investigated by sheriff’s coroner investigators and a team working under the El Dorado County Officer Involved Critical Incident Protocol.