UPDATE: Man Killed By El Dorado County Sheriff’s Deputies Identified
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
POLLOCK PINES (CBS13) – El Dorado County Sheriff’s deputies shot and killed a man late Wednesday night in Pollock Pines.
The shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. after deputies got a call saying a man was inside a home in the 2900 block of Kimberly Lane threatening suicide with a gun.
Before deputies arrived, the man left the home. The armed suspect was later found standing in the middle of the 6000 block of Pony Express Trail. At some point shots were fired and the suspect was killed.
No deputies were injured.
The man has been identified as 38-year-old Christopher Michael Sheldon of Pollock Pines.
The shooting is being investigated by sheriff’s coroner investigators and a team working under the El Dorado County Officer Involved Critical Incident Protocol.