Still No Sign Of Retired Fair Oaks Man Missing Four Days
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – After a fourth day of searching, there still was no sign of a missing 77-year-old man who disappeared from a dock last weekend.
“It’s the worse thing that has ever happened,” said Ruth Mattingly.
Ruth misses her husband Phillip of 37 years.
“He always came home no matter how long he worked down there,” said Ruth.
No one’s seen the retired engineer since Saturday. He was last spotted at the docks on Mare Island next to Vallejo.
“That’s when I started to worry,” said Ruth.
Ruth says Phillip often works on his vintage 1942 tugboat. He was restoring it as a hobby, but usually returns home the same day.
“I expected him home that evening,” said Ruth.
But Phillip never returned. Hours turned into days. Then the police got involved, but still there was no sign of Phillip. Emergency crews even searched the bay and surrounding water for him, with no results.
“I keep hoping and kind of fantasizing that he’s somewhere in the area wandering around,’ said Ruth.
Neighbors came to make sure Ruth has the support she needs while the search continues, even fielding calls from other concerned family and friends.
Phillip is diabetic. Ruth is hoping that her husband needs his medicine and is just confused, and walking the streets.
“That is my hope, and as long as I have that to hang on to, I can get through it,” said Ruth.