Still No Sign Of Retired Fair Oaks Man Missing Four Days
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – After a fourth day of searching, there still was no sign of a missing 77-year-old man who disappeared from a dock last weekend.
“It’s the worse thing that has ever happened,” said Ruth Mattingly.
Ruth misses her husband Phillip of 37 years.
“He always came home no matter how long he worked down there,” said Ruth.
No one’s seen the retired engineer since Saturday. He was last spotted at the docks on Mare Island next to Vallejo.
“That’s when I started to worry,” said Ruth.
Ruth says Phillip often works on his vintage 1942 tugboat. He was restoring it as a hobby, but usually returns home the same day.
“I expected him home that evening,” said Ruth.
But Phillip never returned. Hours turned into days. Then the police got involved, but still there was no sign of Phillip. Emergency crews even searched the bay and surrounding water for him, with no results.
“I keep hoping and kind of fantasizing that he’s somewhere in the area wandering around,’ said Ruth.
Neighbors came to make sure Ruth has the support she needs while the search continues, even fielding calls from other concerned family and friends.
Phillip is diabetic. Ruth is hoping that her husband needs his medicine and is just confused, and walking the streets.
“That is my hope, and as long as I have that to hang on to, I can get through it,” said Ruth.