Body Of Man Missing Near Mare Island Found
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — The body of a missing 77-year-old man believed to have fallen into the waters off Mare Island has washed ashore.
Police say a hiker came across Philip Mattingly’s body at the Point Pinole Regional Shoreline park in Richmond on Sunday. He was positively identified at the Contra Costa County Coroner’s Office.
An autopsy determined the cause of death to be drowning. Vallejo police say there were no signs of foul play.
Mattingly, a retired mechanical engineer, had been helping clean debris from a World War II warship docked on Mare Island when his son reported him missing on Dec. 9. Authorities deployed dive teams and patrol boats, but were unable to locate Mattingly.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.