Body Of Man Missing Near Mare Island Found
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — The body of a missing 77-year-old man believed to have fallen into the waters off Mare Island has washed ashore.
Police say a hiker came across Philip Mattingly’s body at the Point Pinole Regional Shoreline park in Richmond on Sunday. He was positively identified at the Contra Costa County Coroner’s Office.
An autopsy determined the cause of death to be drowning. Vallejo police say there were no signs of foul play.
Mattingly, a retired mechanical engineer, had been helping clean debris from a World War II warship docked on Mare Island when his son reported him missing on Dec. 9. Authorities deployed dive teams and patrol boats, but were unable to locate Mattingly.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.