Winter Weather Brings Rain And Snow To Region
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
POLLOCK PINES (CBS13) – Winter weather is bringing rain, snow and wind, which caused the rain to come down sideways in some parts of the area.
Steady rain and low clouds made for a slow drive up Highway 50 near El Dorado Hills Monday afternoon.
In Pollock Pines the rain got worse and so did wind, which made it hard for those seeking gas and shelter to hide from the rain.
“It’s coming in sideways right now,” said Tom Stuart.
He says the rain, though annoying, is ok for driving as he heads to Tahoe.
“I’m not sure what’s going to happen when that changes to snow,” said Stuart.
For Kelly Wier, a bit farther east it wasn’t just snow, it was also the painful combination of wind and ice.
“I feel like my face is being cut by the wind,” said Weir.
Dozens of people worked quickly to put chains on their cars in the cold temperatures, which turned rain and snow melt into winter decorations on the rocks.
For his first time using chains, Eric Lee did well. As for how he will fair driving in the snow, that’s another issue.
“I’m not worried about anything in particular. We’ll see, it’s my first time, I have no idea what’s going to happen,” he said.
It’s a good thing Lee put those chains on. The snow quickly picked up, pilled up, keeping plows busy in the Sierra.
The California Highway Patrol also kept an eye out on the winter condition, but say so far there were no major issues on the roads.