UPDATE: Police End Search For Reported Gunman At San Jose City College
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN JOSE (AP) — Police have ended their search and called off a lockdown after authorities received a report of a gunman on the campus of San Jose City College Tuesday afternoon.
A campus police dispatcher says the search was called off around 8 p.m. No gunman was found and there were no injuries.
Earlier Tuesday, campus community service Officer Pete Luna said campus police officers and San Jose police were searching the campus after the report was received around 4:30 p.m.
During the search, television live shots showed police massed outside school buildings, while other officers, with their guns drawn, searched the buildings of the campus.
During the lockdown, students and faculty members were told to remain in the school’s buildings, while no others were allowed to enter the campus.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)