UPDATE: Police End Search For Reported Gunman At San Jose City College
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SAN JOSE (AP) — Police have ended their search and called off a lockdown after authorities received a report of a gunman on the campus of San Jose City College Tuesday afternoon.
A campus police dispatcher says the search was called off around 8 p.m. No gunman was found and there were no injuries.
Earlier Tuesday, campus community service Officer Pete Luna said campus police officers and San Jose police were searching the campus after the report was received around 4:30 p.m.
During the search, television live shots showed police massed outside school buildings, while other officers, with their guns drawn, searched the buildings of the campus.
During the lockdown, students and faculty members were told to remain in the school’s buildings, while no others were allowed to enter the campus.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)