Man Pleads No Contest To Raping Disabled Woman At Placer County Care Home
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – The man accused of raping a severally mentally disabled woman in a Placer County care home and impregnating her pleaded no contest on Wednesday.
Marquise Montgomery, 22, of Sacramento, pleaded no contest to one count of rape of an incompetent victim and admitted causing her great bodily injury during the commission of the rape, the Placer County District Attorney’s Office said.
Montgomery was a caregiver at the Casa del Mar care facility on Butler Road in Penryn. It’s operated by ResCare California. He left before sheriff’s detectives could get a DNA sample from him after the woman’s pregnancy was detected.
Detectives were able to identify Montgomery as the suspect with the use of family DNA evidence after the baby was born. He was arrested at a Sacramento County residence earlier this month.
Montgomery will be sentenced to 13 years in state prison, the maximum allowed by law, and will be required to register as a sex offender for life upon his release from prison, the DA’s office said. He’s scheduled to be back in court Jan. 25.