Man Pleads No Contest To Raping Disabled Woman At Placer County Care Home
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – The man accused of raping a severally mentally disabled woman in a Placer County care home and impregnating her pleaded no contest on Wednesday.
Marquise Montgomery, 22, of Sacramento, pleaded no contest to one count of rape of an incompetent victim and admitted causing her great bodily injury during the commission of the rape, the Placer County District Attorney’s Office said.
Montgomery was a caregiver at the Casa del Mar care facility on Butler Road in Penryn. It’s operated by ResCare California. He left before sheriff’s detectives could get a DNA sample from him after the woman’s pregnancy was detected.
Detectives were able to identify Montgomery as the suspect with the use of family DNA evidence after the baby was born. He was arrested at a Sacramento County residence earlier this month.
Montgomery will be sentenced to 13 years in state prison, the maximum allowed by law, and will be required to register as a sex offender for life upon his release from prison, the DA’s office said. He’s scheduled to be back in court Jan. 25.