Man Pleads No Contest To Raping Disabled Woman At Placer County Care Home
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – The man accused of raping a severally mentally disabled woman in a Placer County care home and impregnating her pleaded no contest on Wednesday.
Marquise Montgomery, 22, of Sacramento, pleaded no contest to one count of rape of an incompetent victim and admitted causing her great bodily injury during the commission of the rape, the Placer County District Attorney’s Office said.
Montgomery was a caregiver at the Casa del Mar care facility on Butler Road in Penryn. It’s operated by ResCare California. He left before sheriff’s detectives could get a DNA sample from him after the woman’s pregnancy was detected.
Detectives were able to identify Montgomery as the suspect with the use of family DNA evidence after the baby was born. He was arrested at a Sacramento County residence earlier this month.
Montgomery will be sentenced to 13 years in state prison, the maximum allowed by law, and will be required to register as a sex offender for life upon his release from prison, the DA’s office said. He’s scheduled to be back in court Jan. 25.