Masked Thieves Leave Trail Of Blood In Sacramento Pharmacy Break-In
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Three masked thieves broke into a south Sacramento pharmacy early Thursday and got away with a cache of expensive cough syrup but left behind a trail of blood.
The break-in took place at the Valley Pharmacy near Methodist Hospital on Hospital Drive around 2 a.m. Thursday.
The masked suspects were caught on tape as they shattered a window to get into the pharmacy. They took about 30 bottles of cough syrup worth up to $70 a bottle.
During the theft, at least one of the suspects cut himself and left a trail of blood. Officers investigating the break-in took samples of the blood as evidence. The suspect lost enough blood that crews had to pour an absorbent material on it to clean it up.
The pharmacy was broken into once before about three years ago.
The pharmacy’s owner said the window that was shattered hadn’t been used in 40 years.